Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Library Science PhD

Did you see the Editorial in SLJ a few months ago? ("What's Up Doc?" by Brian Kenney in SLJ January, 2009.) I completely agreed with what Brian said especially about how he was part of a "lucky few" who was part of UNT's online cohort to persue his PhD. I have since looked into all of the programs mentioned and UNT has since discontinued the online program, so that is a no go. I also have SOOO many issues with San Jose State's Gateway program that their program is a no go as well. So what am I to do?
I contacted Drexel and asked if they had any plans for an online program. Guess what? NO!
I went to Pitt and know that they can do the online thing, and do it well. So how long must I wait for these schools to get their acts together and create online programs?! Do I really need to give up my day job to persue my dream? Is it worth it? How do I decide!

No comments: