Not a character in a Seuss book, but my entry about photos and images on the web. I explored Flikr again and added one of my images to this blog (see below). However, I am a flikr veteran. We decided to use it last year to share PSLA Conference photos, and you see them on my photostream because I am conference photographer along with my friend Christine, a post that I have to give up after the 2009 conference, so if anyone wants a PSLA job....let me know! I learned with those photos that the batch edit button comes in really handy to add tags to LOTS of photos quickly. I have since learned that I love Google's Picasa program because you can EASILY do just about anything with your photos including sending them to be printed or blogging them.
Photo tools online just keep growing and improving and these are just two examples. My mother found ShutterFly this summer and she now is addicted because she figured out how to scan her old family photos (these were OLD, we are talking pictures from the last 3,4,5 and 6 generations...since the first photographs probably....maybe I exagerated the generations.....) and then she made this great bookstore quality book for her and her twin sister of all the photos, with stories and labels on each photograph. I saw it the other day and it is a wonderful book! I am now hoping she will get to work on photos from my and my sibling's childhoods and make us books! I was just exploring Flickr and they too have a similar program called Blurb, but the best tool for the book creation category has to be iPhoto from Apple. I also saw one from Hallmark on someone's coffee table but can't find anything about that on the web, so who knows how they did that.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment