Monday, November 3, 2008

Thing 3 Windows OR Mac?

I have not been the same without a computer. I am normally on top of tasks for these THINGS and when my computer crashed two weeks ago I was left feeling adrift. You have to understand that I had a windows computer that lasted about 4 years, just out of warranty that crashed last winter. I then looked into my options and although I had heard the 'Vista is Bad' rumors, I had heard no facts and as a long time PC supporter I was willing to give them a chance and I ordered a brand new PC with Vista on it. It crashed and froze repeatedly and never really ran right, I paid a restocking fee and returned it. I then had purchased an older unused computer with Windows 2000 on it from my brother and was set for about 6 months, then everything started going wrong, it was freezing, running slow, and just having so many problems. I looked into more windows options and just could not do it.
I have now switched allegiances and have an iMac. I love it so far and the only thing that I do not like is that I have to learn all the shortcuts and to be a Mac expert as I was a windows expert before. So I guess bottom line is, even if you always thought of yourself as a PC, next time you NEED to buy a computer, take a look at the Mac options and really consider that road, it might soon be the one more traveled.

No comments: