LibraryThing is ok and it does a very basic job of what it set out to do and is a great tool for very small libraries and could be more beneficial to adults looking to share books. However I logged on and was overwhelmed with the junk on the site, the poor help information (I never really figured out how it worked and how to create a bookshelf, even though I searched and searched.) I added several books and took a look around but I just do not think it is the site for me. Why does everyone think it is so awesome?
Then I went to GoodReads and I really like that site. It is very user friendly, has several great apps, notifications, widgets and the one I like the most book giveaways. I also really like the fact that you can add books to bookshelves, and all books are marked by read, to be read or currently reading. Maybe it is the visual learner in me but that really makes a difference to me. I can even add a widget below to show you what is on my read shelf. I think this will be my weekend project to add all my books. I have to add that I also like Paperbackswap.com because it is a great way to swap and trade paperback books with people around the USA. I am a 'boxer' which means I trade boxes of books, making it even cheaper and more economical and I love this site too. That is where you will find most of the books that I have read and don't care about keeping for one reason or another, goodreads is the books for keeps.
No comments:
Post a Comment