Sunday, November 9, 2008
Rollo
Check out my rollosearch! It searches my four favorite clipart sites but really is only searching for words so I am not sure how GREAT this search is. I think the rollosearch is a great concept and has many possibilities, but I found the site a little clunky and hard to navigate and find things, which means that students would be even more lost. I would love to see a main page where you could search or drill down (like a directory) to the rollosearch that you need and then utilize that search engine. For example I would love to teach my 5th grade students that just like you want to carefully pick your books and encyclopedias, choosing a specific search engine would also help online research and then instruct them on how to find an animal rollosearch, the starwars rollosearch, the celebrity rollosearch, etc. I would also of course want some filters on these searches and for all of them not to default to all of the web at the end. But in the end it has possibilities, just not ones that I will be adding to my lesson plans just yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment