Trouble in MacWorld.......no nothing is wrong with the new computer. Yet, I have discovered yet another problem that you encounter when your Windows machine completely fails unexpectedly. I backed up my most important files (and know how to get the rest) and either way I now LOVE Mac's Time Machine feature/program which will help me back everything up with more accuracy and less effort. The problem is, I never backed up all of my Internet bookmarks! I can remember some of them, however as I was trying to come up with sites to check for RSS feeds (obviously I wanted to check my favorite sites first!) I noticed that I no longer have all of my bookmarks!
How does one go about remembering ALL of their favorite sites? How do you pick new ones? All I can remember is that I had some GREAT hard to find sites bookmarked that I had stumbled upon in the last few months and years....but that really is little hope. I guess I need to fast forward to Thing something or rather, whichever one is delicious or online bookmarking and tagging site and start keeping my bookmarks online.
But back to this THING, the RSS feeds. I see their purpose and can see the point of adding sites to them as I go, and I will, I just do not see the point of adding sites just to have sites on there. I am not one of those people who needs to check CNN and WTAE and Car and Driver every day for the latest news (no that is my brother). I am content letting the news find me. If it is important enough I will hear about it on TV or via word of mouth. Maybe this is one of those 'play' tools that I just don't get and do not know what to do with because I am not good at playing. PLUS.....the read site (to me at least) is just one MORE site to check to see what is new! I know I might be old fashioned, but I love list-servs and online Newsletters because they come straight to my in-box and I do not have to remember to go find THEM. Am I missing something that makes RSS feeds so wonderful for me?
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment