Google, Zoho or just good old Word? I actually have been debating this recently with myself because after I bought my new computer I was not sure I wanted to spring the extra money for word when there are so many other options out there. I started out with Mac's version of notepad and that is horrible and will not work. So I downloaded OpenOffice.org and I have been trying to use it, and it is ok, but I have had problems pasting elements of documents created in open office and the open office extension is not accepted by any other program so you have troubles if you do not save in the correct format. Then I looked on GoogleDocs and Zoho both. I think that both are very similar and although I think that Zoho may be slightly better and have more features, options and things and ways to create everything you could need I am going to stick with Google and Word.
I like GoogleDocs because it allows me to share my documents, but on the other hand I am not ready to have an online file cabnet and until I get to that point for all of my files I am going to use word to save to my hard drive simply because I need to keep one version of everything in one spot. It gets too confusing otherwise. I do not know how we are supposed to keep up in this digital world with all the passwords, the different versions of documents, the different places we have put things and so on. I almost need a reminder e-mailed to me just to remind me, hey you saved this thing on Zoho.....what do you want to DO with it?!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment