I have actually lost track, what week SHOULD we be on? With no communication between people in this Library 2.0 program I am feeling a little lost and I am not sure it is working as well as I had hoped. I guess I thought I would have some contact, some interaction, and especially some feedback. As you saw in my last post I played with the image generator and made several new images, I am just lost as to how to create images that I can actually USE! Where and how do I find those?
I also looked over the best of the web 2.0 tools and there sure are a lot of them. Most are good IDEAS but I think we are almost to the point of being overwhelmed with too many choices. I used Google Docs and I loved that because then I had my collaborative documents in the same place, but then I scrolled down and found G.ho.st. and that sounded even better for the files I use at school, home AND elsewhere, but now don't I have THREE copies of a file and just a more complicated life?
I already use delicious, flikr, craigslist, the job sites, and knew about Lulu books (an option to publish my book if Simon and Shulster does not work out), and SO MANY of these others. Most are worthwhile applications and I love them but where is the line AND HOW DO YOU KEEP UP?!!!!
Back to G.ho.st, which is the most inovative of all programs and I really like the idea but it came to me as I was driving that I just bought a brand new computer and it already has an operating system, why do I need a new one? I also thought about how much windows costs and how easy it would be to do without windows if you could just use g.ho.st......so what is to stop the future of computers from just coming with a processor and internet access and a SIMPLE opperating system that simply asks you to input your g.ho.st URL upon startup and then you really do HAVE your own computer everywhere you go. I guess this is essentially what it does now, but because I am opening it in Windows or in MAC it seems like a duplication of efforts (and it is).
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I don't remember if I felt this was a lonely journey, I felt like I was rushing to keep up. Never a problem for you, since you're way ahead of the pack. I am always trying to keep up with you. But, as a self-paced ... and pretty much a self-taught journey ... it is a lot on your own. You're right on track .. you have a nice looking blog, well done as usual, Susan!
Thanks, Sue! I am glad to hear that someone is hearing my words but do not feel you HAVE to read them, sometimes I am just rambling on to ramble on.
I rambled too -- I think that happens in a blog! At least it happens to me.
Post a Comment